20 April 2012

Posting Twice a Day?

Well, that seems to be the pattern. No guarantee that I'll keep it up, but for now, I wake up with fresh thoughts and when I come back at night, it's more about all the yummy food I've been munching on all day long.

I'm joining a walking challenge April 23-June 4 to see how many miles I can log in that amount of time. No other pressure, just sheer distance. This should be fun. It will also, hopefully, kickstart some exercise for me. I hate exercise. I need to get up and go to water fitness, too. For now, I'll focus on one thing at a time.

I just finished making my breakfast. If you're keeping up, you might notice a pattern of a green smoothie every other morning. Today's is different though. And DELICIOUS I might add. It's got 2 packed cups of fresh spinach, about 20 sprigs of fresh cilantro, a cup of canteloupe, 1/2 cup pineapple, a banana, 6 oz dannon light & fit peach yogurt, 6 oz silk unsweetened original almond milk, and about 15 ice cubes (ice maker size). I thought my original was good, this is awesome.

I'm a firm believer that food is medicine. We have to put good medicine in for good results (fat loss, steady blood sugar levels, lowered cholesterol levels, diabetes prevention, etc). For the first time in my life, I'm trying to be healthy for me and my future. It's not about what anyone is expecting of me or for some kind of reward. It might take a long time, but it's nothing compared to the quality of life that will come from the hard work.

Y'all have a good day! Let me hear your story. Why are you working so hard?

No comments:

Post a Comment