28 April 2012

My Love Affair...

with Squash! I love the stuff. Squash soup. Stewed squash. Fried squash. SQUASH CASSEROLE!! Grilled squash. Baked squash. Squash and Zucchini. Sautee'd squash. I love the stuff. I used to check the menu of a local restaurant in my hometown before I would go to make sure that the squash casserole was on the menu. It made the whole trip ten times better. I can't remember a time when I turned the stuff down. It's my favorite vegetable.

Can't you tell? It's on the menu EVERY day it seems. When I was cutting up my two yellow squash earlier I couldn't help but think about the fact that I had looked forward to my squash all day long. I couldn't wait to get home to eat it. Just the thought of it prevented a haphazard swing through a fast food drive-thru on the way home from work. (I'm blaming the Waffle House thing on the Jimmy John's I had earlier in the evening.)

Does anybody have an awesome squash recipe?

I've just been tossing them in a sautee' pan and adding a dash of salt when they're done. It's great like that, but I'd love to shake it up a little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment