17 April 2012

Day 1 (Yesterday)

I spent the day playing taxi driver for a friend. It was a good way to start the program since I was away from home all day. Lisa packed my little cooler and I was on my way.

Meal #1
hard boiled egg
1/2 of my green smoothie* (I'll add this recipe at the end. It's delicious.)

Meal #2
2 oz sliced deli chicken (I got the Publix brand rotiserrie style.)
1/2 oz sliced cheddar cheese
1/2 cup sliced pears (Del Monte NO SUGAR ADDED)

Meal #3
whole sliced apple
1 tbsp Peter Pan Peanut Butter

Meal #4
1/2 of my green smoothie
1 cup Angie's Kettle Corn (they sell this stuff at Costco, check their website for other retailers)

Meal #5
whole orange
1 oz cheddar cheese

Meal #6
uh...I had a bojangles cajun filet biscuit...but...that was NOT on the plan
I was SUPPOSSED to have:

3oz grilled chicken tenders
1/2 cup cooked carrots
1/2 cup green beans
1 cup brown rice
2 cups of mixed greens
2 tbsp Kraft Free French dressing

I will try to do better today. There was no excuse for my grabbing a biscuit instead of drinking some more water and waiting til I got home for my dinner. I would have had more food and less guilt.

MY GREEN SMOOTHIE

2 cups fresh spinach
1 medium banana, sliced
4 large or 6 medium or 8 small strawberries, sliced
1 6 oz container light yogurt (I used peach, it's also good with strawberry banana, coconut, cherry...pick your favorite, just make sure it's light.)
6 oz ( I just fill the empty yogurt container) Silk Unsweetened Original Almond Milk

Blend this until smooth, then add about 8 or 10 ice cubes and blend again. YUMMY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment