19 April 2012

Mid Week Replenishment

So, we're going through groceries much faster than I ever expected, so a round of shops was in order. I got up early (if you can call 8:30 early) and Lisa and I headed out with our lists in hand. Of course when we pulled into the Publix parking lot it started to pour buckets of cold water from the sky so we shopped cold and wet!

10 lbs of chicken tenderloins, more apples, grapes, quinoa, brown rice, lots more squash, more spinach....the list goes on. I couldn't believe how much food we actually need when we're eating at home.

We have a plan to inventory the cabinets, freezer, and refrigerator over the weekend and make a master grocery list so that we know what we have plenty of and what we're going to want to replenish quickly. All this because as soon as we returned from THREE shops, there were already items for a new list.

WE GOT NEW KNIVES!! Our knives were awful. They wouldn't cut hot butter. So we invested in several..including one of those fancy ceramic ones and new cutting boards, too, so that we can do meat and produce on seperate boards.

I also replaced my cold travel cup at a price I do not wish to remember and got a new lunch bag...a larger one so that I don't have to cram my food into the tiny 6 pack cooler I used the first few days this week.

I gotta go to work soon, so I'll be checking back in with y'all later tonight to share the menu and any other thoughts I come up with. OH, and welcome to any of you who've come here from my community over at MyFitnessPal!

No comments:

Post a Comment