19 April 2012

Day 3




I'm tired and ready for bed. But, part of this plan, is to make sure I've opened every opportunity to be successful and, for me, that means, keeping this blog up to date on a daily basis so that I have to be honest about what's really happenning every day. So, here I am again.




If I haven't said it 14 times already. Lisa is AMAZING. Her willingness to love me by taking on the task of preparing my food every day is above and beyond anything I could expect from a friend. I am preparing most of my food for Meal #1 and Meal #6, but anything that has to be portioned from a larger stash, she's doing it for me. She's cooking chicken tenderloins so that they're available to be quickly reheated and there's brown rice in the refrigerator that she's already prepared so that a few minutes with the skillet is all I need to get my last meal prepared. I need an amazing way to repay her for being so awesome.


Are y'all ready for day 3's menu? Here we go again!








Meal #1

hard boiled egg

green smoothie (the recipe for this is in day 1's post)




Meal #2

NO SUGAR ADDED Fudgesicle

green smoothie



Meal #3

"serving" of salted pretzels (i think it's 1 oz, Lisa does all the portioning for me)

1/2 green apple

1 tbsp peanut butter



Meal #4

"chef" salad I made in the cafeteria at work that included:

3 cups mixed greens

3 oz deli sliced turkey

hard boiled egg

1 slice red onion

1/8 cup shredded cheddar cheese

2 tbsp honey mustard

2tbsp ranch dressing



Meal #5

1/2 cup sliced peaches

1 orange

1 wedge laughing cow light garlic & herb

1 cup Angie's Artisan Treats classic kettle corn



Meal #6

1 cup brown rice

3/4 cup sliced carrots

1 whole sautee'd yellow squash

3 oz grilled chicken tenderloins

2 cups strawberries

1 cup Angie's Artisan Treats classic kettle corn




I feel like I ate like a little piggy today. I also consumed a very large amount of water and only about 1/2 the amount of diet coke that I had yesterday. I need to come off of that stuff completely.



I'm gonna try to start taking some pictures of the products I'm using and especially of these gorgeous nighttime meals! We'll start with tonight's dinner! (Um, ok, so, this photo is actually at the top of this post. I'm not extremely expert on "blogger", so, that's where it's staying for now. Also, adding the photo REALLY screwed up the formatting in this post and I had to go back and "repair" it. Any ideas about that?)



We're getting up earlier than usual tomorrow to run a few errands. We're in dire need of a new cutting board (Lisa dropped ours behind the stove...we aren't sure how to retrieve it.) We also need sharp knives and to replenish some of the items we're going through quickly.



Oh, and my traveling cup got broken today (I need this for that second smoothie!) and my lunch bag is a little on the small side, so maybe I'll replace those, too.



Ok, it's time for bed. See y'all here tomorrow night!








1 comment:

  1. Ok...so...obviously, the "repair" didn't work! UGH! I don't know how to fix it. Next time, photos will be posted seperately!

    ReplyDelete