18 April 2012

Not Carved in Stone

I have no idea how well this will work. It looks nutritious on paper. It seems to be enough food to get me through the day. I'm starting this journey at 280 lbs. I've been heavier...by about 10 lbs...several years ago. I'm thankful I never passed that 300 mark, but I'm terrified that I will spend a lifetime battling health problems related to my weight if I don't get it under control right now. I'm just a normal, busy, single adult. I don't like to exercise, even though I know I should do it. I have a gym membership, but I rarely use it. I need encouragement to exercise even a little bit.
I just wanted to be clear that is not an exact science. I am hoping it will work. Based on all of my reading and research, it should work. I may be constantly adjusting it. That's one reason why I haven't posted a weeks worth of menus. I'm wide open for comments and suggestions. Please, just don't be mean. If you can't say something positive, I'd rather you save your rant for somewhere else. I need encouragement, not criticism.
The journey has just begun. Let's keep moving. Who knows what tomorrow may hold?

1 comment:

  1. I love to workout but dnt like to do it alone... I know walking, swimming, fun things like that.. taking that extra walk from parking lot into work(parking further away always helps as well) I eat frozen and fresh veggies only because the sodium is lower and all the preservatives are not in frozen veggies.. I have been 320 before and now I'm 267 but it dnt show because of my body style.. I also take one aday weightsmart multi-vitamin and biotin 1000 mcg this is good for ur hair,skin,and nails appetite and metabolism.. you are youger than I but I encourage you to just keep pushing clearly this is what you desire for you and thats whats important.. again keep up the GREAT WORK... DIVA Love

    ReplyDelete